Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Return to the RE

Last week, we went in to see our Reproductive Endocrinologist.  It had been a year, and obviously, nothing has changed, so we let him know that we are ready to move forward. 

He re-ordered tests for both of us, since our previous tests were done more than a year ago.  Ten vials of blood for me, three for Jared.  (Hey, at least it wasn't eighteen for me!)

Jared also had the pleasure of handing over a semen sample, after which said to me, "I hope to never have to do that here again."  My response?  "Um, I think you're going to have to do that at least one more time."  Yeah, he completely forgot about the most important time.  Too funny.

And we made appointments.  A saline ultrasound and trial transfer for me.  IVF orientation for the both of us.  We're moving full steam ahead, hoping to have this procedure complete by the end of February.

...
You will never be as young as you are today and your chances will never be as good as with an IVF cycle.

I read this somewhere recently, and I decided that I had to mark it down to remember it, every single day. I'm only getting older, and IVF is our absolute best chance to conceive. There shouldn't be any doubt in my mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment