Wednesday, February 8, 2012

And just like that, 11 is my lucky number.

Cycle Day 10.  Day 6 of stimulants.  I went in for blood work and an ultrasound.

The ultrasound tech wanted to talk about The Hunger Games, which I'm usually totally down with, but this morning I really only wanted to talk about what she was seeing on the screen.  I didn't know if she would say, but when I asked how everything was looking, she replied "Good.  I see six on this side...and five on that side."  There were more follicles too small to measure, but to potentially have 11 of measuring size?  I felt good.

Then the nurse called, and let me know that my estrogen was up from 50.6 to 229!  Such a relief.  She also confirmed 11 follicles, with 5 on the right and 6 on the left.  After being disappointed and worried on Monday, I'm so happy to know that my ovaries are functioning like they're supposed to in this cycle.  11 seems like a great number - not so many that hyperstimulation is a concern, but enough that hopefully we'll be able to have some really good quality embryos at the end of this.

I'm headed back for an ultrasound and more blood work on Friday.  Let's keep up the good work, ovaries!

No comments:

Post a Comment